Monday 25 July 2011

I admit it, I'm not the greatest at........

Hi everyone,

I am writing this blog for The Biz Mums Blogging Carnival.  It's part of Motivating Mum's - a fantastic group that supports & gives advice to mums in business. This month's topic is: I admit it, I'm crap at...

When I saw this I chuckled to myself. For me personally I think there are a few things that I can finish this sentence with, even though those around me don't always agree. For me I admit I'm crap at housework! Not that my house is a pigsty, well not in other people's eyes anyway. You always see things that others don't! I find it so hard to juggle the kids, their activities, school, cooking, ironing, washing, my business needs, my minimal time for me and the housework. So something has to give and it's normally the housework. The everyday decluttering, picking up toys, cleaning up after meals and general tidying up gets done. But when it comes to the whole house being dusted, vaccumed and mopped, it gets put on the to do list for another day and another day and another day.  Luckily for me I get to a point where I can't stand it anymore and I do it, normally when the kids are in bed, like everything else, as I'm sure all you WAHM can relate to! Or else, my fantastic hubby chips in and does it. He is the main one that cleans the toilets, which is quiet frequently with 2 boys in the house! Oh I'm so lucky!

As mums we always put so much pressure on ourselves to be the best at everything. Our needs and wants don't come out much, especially when the kids are involved. Even while I'm trying to write this at 11pm at night, my youngest has come out and only wants me, Dad won't do! So I must finish off now, but my final word is this. We may think that we are not the greatest at a lot of things, but we are all fantastic mum's trying our best on a daily basis. As long as your children are happy and healthy and know that they are loved, that is all that matters when you are a mum.

Don't forget to visit the amazing support network that I am linking this to http://www.motivatingmum.com/ and see their Blogging Carnival http://www.motivatingmum.com/wp/?cat=175  Thanks for visiting and reading. Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to have a chat!
Have a great day.

Regards
Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment